Thursday, December 6, 2007

A Simple Christmas



"From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another."
John 1:16

With all the busyness of the Christmas season, Elim is a great reminder of the real reason- a baby. Just as Elim's new smiles and new laughs bring such joy to my heart, Jesus came to bring the same joy to all. The proclamation to the angels is the true message of Christmas:"I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord." Our Christmas decorations are less this year and I am enjoying working on the handmade Christmas cards. We even decided not to put up our huge tree and just use a small tree with lights and a few ornaments. I am looking forward to a simple Christmas with the focus on the joy Christ brings to our hearts and home.

1 comment:

Mast said...

Great Job on your first entry! We look forward to more posts from you all. Love ya! - Aunt Lisa