Thursday, June 12, 2008

Lost in Life




Life has been overwhelming for 2 months! I was feeling convicted about not keeping our blog up-to-date and so I wasted some time by reading some other family blogs. (Procastination because I feel inadequate to do the task.) I was more discouraged than encouraged about all these mothers with young children that have time to blog each day about the "wonderful things" the children and family are doing and the "amazing things" God is teaching them each day. Someone say that my past blogs have been like reading Guideposts, which I think was meant to be a compliment. However, I had the idea that all my posts would be inspiring and life changing as Oswald Chambers or even God's Word. I realize now that was pride in my heart and not a healthy view of my life experiences. If I would relax my standards on this blog and change my purpose of the blog, life would be much simpler. So really, I want this blog to be a place to write about my life experiences lived each day with my family. I also need an outlet for creativity. Life can get so mundane. My God help me not to compare (it comes so easily!!), but just to enjoy.



Anyway, to help with my creative outlet. I took a few pictures of all my days seem to consist of ...dishes, laundry, diapers, and toys. And the cycle seems to repeat itself every morning until about midnight. I have been reading Between Walden and the Whirlwind by Jean Fleming. Admist the whirlwind are times of service and work. Remember that Jesus was trained as a carpenter, and thus "God gave unfathomable dignity to common labor." Here is a quote that relates to the mundane things of life. "God's order was not to abolish the mundane and routine from the life of the Christian, but to transform it." So as I celebrate (and do) these mundane tasks of life, may God transform them or me.

1 comment:

Mast said...

thanks for sharing your thoughts and just know that I'm in the same boat with ya sis - Love ya! Lisa