
Nothing reminds me of how much stuff I have than unpacking from a vacation! Everything has to be put back into place. Yesterday I was able to put away the children's items and kitchen things, but our room still is a mess with exploding bags of clothes! Today I want to restore order and peace back to our bedroom. And so my "to do" and "to get" (from Wal-mart or grocery store)grows longer as the day goes on.
"What I'm trying to do here is get you to relax, not be so preoccupied with getting so you can respond to God's giving. People who don't know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep yourself in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met. Don't be afraid of missing out. You're my dearest friends! The Father wants to give you the very kingdom itself." From the words of our Master, Jesus, recorded by Dr. Luke in Luke 12:29-32.
Yesterday as I was feeling overwhelmed with the task of unpacking and starting my "to get" list for this coming week, God recalled this Scripture from our morning together. The thought was to make a "to give" list rather than a "to get" list! Yes, that is the truth of this Scripture. My heart needs to be more concerned about giving away from my abundance rather than getting the latest things.
1.While I was putting Elim's clothes, I went through his drawers and pull out things to small or just don't wear. I even pulled some previous baby clothes out of the closet (that my sister did not want back) and piled up a big bag for a women's shelter with children in Florence.
2. Later, I moved around HM drawers as well and pull out some clothes to pass along to a friend.
3. Now there is even a stack of clothes from my closet in the corner to be pass on.
4. Being married from almost 11 years now, my tastes have changed and our family has changed. The next project that I want to replace is my everyday dishes and our wedding china. My treasured dishes are my grandmothers. So, I hope to be able to set both of these sets and just replace with one everyday set. My ultimate goal would be to re-organize and weed out the kitchen (but that will have to wait, at least til school.)
5. So, Lord, what else needs to go on my "to give" list today?
Is your "to get" list longer than your "to give" list today? What steps can you take to make a change? Jesus summed up this topic with these heart piercing words: " The place where your treasure is, is the place you will want to be, and end up being." Luke 12:34






No comments:
Post a Comment