Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memory Monday


James 1:19-20 " My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires."


Psalm 86:15 "But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness."


I am taking the risk- wanting to be held accountable- becoming dangerous with the Sword of the Spirit in my head and heart!


I relate this post to another local's post about hiding laundry- it is pretty humorous. (Read about Cookie's secret "sin".) However, my sin seems more "dirty" and dangerous than Cookie's. God is working in my heart and revealing some anger that I am keeping hidden and just moving it around to different situations. I am not dealing with the anger and working through what is causing this anger to explode in my heart at times. So these are some verses that I wrote down last week and taped them to my bathroom mirror. I am going to work on memorizing, mediating, and putting them into practice.


Reading through Galatians lately and thinking about living in freeom in Christ. "Since this is the kind of life we have chosen, the life of the spirit, let us make sure that we do not just hold it as an idea in our heads or a sentiment in our hearts, but work out its implications in every detail of our lives." Galatians 5:25 (The Message) or from the children's Bible which really makes it more simple: "If we live my the Spirit, we must also follow the Spirit."


So, I not only do I want to live in the Spirit, but to be obedient and follow the spirit til He is working out in every detail of my life. May God teach me from his Word about getting rid of this anger and putting on His love.

No comments: