While she was here, she also told me that she had received a call this morning from the Florence County Disabilities Board. Elim's family Early Interventionist, Andreta Williams, with Baby Net had unexpectedly pass away this morning. She began coming to our house in January about every two weeks and was last here on April 27. She was a daughter, wife, and mother of two elementary girls. We do not know yet what caused her death. It is a reminder of how precious life is as a gift from God. So I kindly ask for your prayers for the Williams family, especially her little girls who have lost a wonderful and vibrant mother.
God really works in all the details of our lives. Just this morning, while I was away running errands, Jay found a piece of a cat puzzle under the couch. HM showed it to me and she knew it belonged to Elim's teacher, but she was a little confused about which one was coming today. I had told HM we would take the puzzle piece back next week to Andreta because she was not scheduled to come back (but was just going to finish the paper work after the final meeting with the physical therapist). Then Lisa tells me about Andreta and now I have this blue cat puzzle on my kitchen counter as a physical reminder to pray for the Williams' family. Only God would be so kind to give me a prayer reminder just when I need it.
Several weeks ago, Jay and I found out that a good friend from our seminary days had passed away. He was a pastor at a small church in Florida, husband to a godly woman, and a terrific father to two preschool boys. Our hearts have grieved the loss of Brian and deeply morn with his wife the long road ahead.
Life can become so full of distractions and little trinkets that I focus on the fleeting treasures of this world. Death is always a reminder to give more attention to the things, specifically people, that have eternal value. "So if you're serious about living this new resurrection life with Christ, act like it. Pursue the things which Christ presides. Don't shuffle along, eyes to the ground, absorbed with the things right in front of you. Look up and be alert to what is going on around Christ- that's where the action is. See it from his perspective. " Colossians 3:1-2
Lord, open my eyes to see the things of eternal value more precious than this world. Awaken my heart to this new resurrection life with Christ.





1 comment:
We will pray for these families in their time of great loss!
Post a Comment