Monday, June 29, 2009

Memory Monday

Several weeks ago: Ephesians 4:26-27 "Go ahead and be angry. You do well to be angry but don't use your anger as fuel for revenge. And don't stay angry. Don't go to bed angry . Don't let the devil have that kind of foothold in your life."

This week:
"Do not let kindness and truth leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart." Proverbs 3:3
"These are the words in my mouth; these are what I chew on and pray. Accept them when I place them on the morning altar, O God, My Altar-Rock, God, Priest-of-my-Altar." Psalm 19:14 (Message)

I have begun the online Bible study, Me, Myself & Lies, (Jennifer Rothschild's Self Talk, Soul Talk website) (Jennifer Rothschild's blog)with a friend in Florence and thousands around the globe (through the Beth Moore Blog). Week 1 has been heart opening for me. As I continue on this current journey with anger and other emotions, God is faithful to reveal more truth.

From the beginning of Day 1, she says "Who you are and what you struggle with are not the same thing." WOW! What a powerful statement. The truth of this statement helps me to honestly evaluate my emotions and be real about my weaknesses. Yes, I struggle with anger, but that does not make me an angry woman. - What freedom!


Her challenge from the words of Scripture are to be like Christ and to be full of grace and truth in the words we say to ourselves.
Lord, please help me to be more aware of the thoughts that I meditate on...especially the things about my self. May I learn to speak God's Words of grace and truth in to my heart, as the Message says "carve their initials on your heart." (Proverbs 3:3) Teach me this week how to fill my thought closet with your Truth.

No comments: