
I am so thankful that God has given me a renewed love for his word these past several months. However, during the holidays time alone in the Word is very hard for me with traveling and being away from my morning spot. And lately, Elim has been getting up early too! I try to get up early- and so does he! So tomorrow, I'm not going to take a shower first thing (his room is above the bathroom). So I have just had my time reading God's Word at nap time- I guess it was worth the wait!
Psalm 5: 3 "Every morning I lay out the pieces of my life on your altar and watch for fire to descend." My prayer is that God's Spirit would burn in me and give me a burning desire for Him and His Word and His will.
I am tackling a new reading plan this year. I had divided the Bible into 6 sections to read 1 chapter every day, but that was too many different parts to keep up with for a mother of preschoolers. So yesterday I found this information on a link from John Piper's Bloghttp://www.desiringgod.org/Blog/. Here is a link to the other blog and many Bible Reading Plans http://theologica.blogspot.com/2008/12/bible-reading-plans.html Here is another plan for another year, Canonical Bible Reading Plan- sounds really interesting. http://betweenthetimes.com/bible-reading-plan/
I was also listening to some awesome teaching from Beth Moore http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/Living_Proof_with_Beth_Moore/archives.asp?bcd=12/29/2008 talking about the Endless Benefits of Being Steeped in Scripture. I guess I am really excited about the many opportunities to strengthen my walk through the resources on the web now that we are moving faster.





No comments:
Post a Comment