Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Seizure Disorder


On Tuesday, HM was diagnosed with a seizure disorder. She had been having little seizures- twitches, drop spells, for a couple days. I took her to the doctor Monday night and he was to refer us to a neurologist for Wednesday. However, Tuesday morning the seizures were constant and we were able to get in with the neurologist by Wednesday morning. She had another EEG- which showed two seizures during the test. She has been give medicine to take for a least a year.(Depakote).
Right now I ask for your prayers for my little girl. She still is having the little seizures and a full one in the middle of the night. Please pray that this medicine will quickly (within 2 days) help her brain to stop seizing. As a mother, I feel extremely jumpy and need prayers to be calm and strong these next few days. We have family in today to help keep close contact with HM while also taking care of Elim.
Jesus healed so many people while on this earth. Once after healing a boy with seizures the Word of God states, "And they were all amazed at the greatness of God." Luke 9:43. I need to be reminded today of the greatness of God, not through healing, but knowing there is none greater than He!!
Thank you for your prayers and I hope to give an good update soon.

1 comment:

Our4GreatKids said...

Caroline, LOVE your blog... very inspiring! Praying for HM, you, and your family! Please keep us updated. Let us know if you need anything! Hope to see you soon!