Mt. Rainier, Washington (picture from web)I just finished reading through Deuteronomy and have been praying for an attentive heart to listen and obedient feet to carry out God's rule in my life. Moses has come to the end of his life, and God sends him up onto Mount Nebo to die and see the promise land from a distance. Oh, how his heart yearned for the promise land...only to see it from afar.
Today, I have finally been able to have some quiet moments at the house to finished up three posts for the blog. ( I still have one more in the works to be edited and posted.) I knew when Hannah Moriah would get better- life would be more busy, and my desperate need for God would be overcome with daily life. Well, this past week, we definitely hit that mark! I still have been diligent to wake early, but not everyday do I get some rich meaning from God's Word. Yet, I continue to pray for God to speak and teach me from his Word every morning.
I have been thinking of mountains lately, too. I doubt many would call our family's experience during January and February your typical "mountain top experience." When you have a crisis in your family, most people see that as the valley and sometimes it feels like it for many. However, God revealed to me that what we went through was a "mountain top experience." He lifted our family up out of the dailiness of life and placed us in a situation of utter dependence upon Him. His face and goodness was so real to us during those days. He held our family closer to his heart and home that we would hold Him closer to ours. He placed our family high up on a mountain to show His greatness and majesty to the world around us.
Jay and I have both traveled to Denver, on our first honeymoon, and Seattle, on our last "honeymoon" (last trip before children). We both were in awe of the huge mountains that dominate the skyline. While in Washington, we rode down to Mt. Rainier. The clouds were so heavy that day, we could hardly see above us, much less in front of us. We spent some time at the visitor's center, but could not see the picturesque views because of all the clouds. On the ride down the mountain, we would turn and look back at while at the scenic overlooks to see if we could see this famous peak. Then, it happened. I turned around...the clouds parted... the mountain shouted. We quickly turned off and took pictures...it was breathtaking. I am so thankful that I looked back and kept looking for the peak, otherwise we would have left disappointed.
God has been so faithful to hold our family in his hands during those scary months. Now I even can look back and see more of his grace and goodness, just like the beautiful peak of Mt. Rainier.
Isaiah 55:8-12
Today, I have finally been able to have some quiet moments at the house to finished up three posts for the blog. ( I still have one more in the works to be edited and posted.) I knew when Hannah Moriah would get better- life would be more busy, and my desperate need for God would be overcome with daily life. Well, this past week, we definitely hit that mark! I still have been diligent to wake early, but not everyday do I get some rich meaning from God's Word. Yet, I continue to pray for God to speak and teach me from his Word every morning.
I have been thinking of mountains lately, too. I doubt many would call our family's experience during January and February your typical "mountain top experience." When you have a crisis in your family, most people see that as the valley and sometimes it feels like it for many. However, God revealed to me that what we went through was a "mountain top experience." He lifted our family up out of the dailiness of life and placed us in a situation of utter dependence upon Him. His face and goodness was so real to us during those days. He held our family closer to his heart and home that we would hold Him closer to ours. He placed our family high up on a mountain to show His greatness and majesty to the world around us.
Jay and I have both traveled to Denver, on our first honeymoon, and Seattle, on our last "honeymoon" (last trip before children). We both were in awe of the huge mountains that dominate the skyline. While in Washington, we rode down to Mt. Rainier. The clouds were so heavy that day, we could hardly see above us, much less in front of us. We spent some time at the visitor's center, but could not see the picturesque views because of all the clouds. On the ride down the mountain, we would turn and look back at while at the scenic overlooks to see if we could see this famous peak. Then, it happened. I turned around...the clouds parted... the mountain shouted. We quickly turned off and took pictures...it was breathtaking. I am so thankful that I looked back and kept looking for the peak, otherwise we would have left disappointed.
God has been so faithful to hold our family in his hands during those scary months. Now I even can look back and see more of his grace and goodness, just like the beautiful peak of Mt. Rainier.
Isaiah 55:8-12
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord.
As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.
As the rain and snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and
bread for the eater,
so it is with my word that goes our from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it,
You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills will burst into song before you,
and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.
neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord.
As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.
As the rain and snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and
bread for the eater,
so it is with my word that goes our from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it,
You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills will burst into song before you,
and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.





No comments:
Post a Comment